Monday, September 6, 2010

Take Your Pick

This past week we were having some friends over for dinner and I was bored with just about everything I thought of making for dessert, until..... I decided to make several different types of cupcakes and let everyone enjoy the selection. So, I used this very simple cake recipe from my "Woman's Day Cooking Assistant" app:
2 2/3 cup flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup oil
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 eggs

Then I scooped out enough for 1 dozen of each of 7 flavors, added the necessary flavors, and voila, a diverse dessert selection. For the icing, I did a basic buttercream and then divided it up and added, vanilla or almond or mora extract and/or cocoa powder, and coconut. The hardest part of the whole thing was keeping track of what was what (I had a cheat sheet for dinner that night).
This was so super easy, only took one cake mix and is something I will definetly be doing again. Now, I just need to find a SVG file for a mini cupcake box that holds about 6-8 cupcakes.

No comments: