Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cupcakes, Ballerinas and Cookies

Let me just start this off by saying I am a "first-time" ballet mom. I don't know how things work in the states, but here in EC a ballet receital involves much more than little girls dancing. They moms wanted to give each girl a gift at the end, but considering where we live, no one had too much money so.... we decided on simple cupcakes and I added the decorated sugar cookies as a little bonus.
This amazing cupcake box is thanks to Melinda Ford's brilliance over at All Things Crafty and Delicious. I have to thank Melinda for my first thing ever published in the crafting world. Back in October she asked if anyone would have time to cut the files she so craftily (is that a word?) makes and I jumped at the chance. Along with the million other things she was doing at the time, she hadn't gotten a chance to actually cut out many of her files. Melinda was kind enough to like the box I made and posted it on her blog- it only took me a few more months to get up the courage to post other creations.... and now you can't get me to shut up about them (oh, sorry, bad word around here!- good thing my daughter can't read yet).

So anyway, this is one of my favorite things to cut out and here is the fast ballerina version for my daughters first dance recital.

2 comments:

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Tracy you are SO awesome!! The cookies, the cupcakes, the boxes...love it all!! Thanks for the inspiration & idea. Miss you guys! :)

Melinda Ford said...

Just saw your comment...Funny thing your request, I've been thinking about doing it every since I made some mini cupcakes last May. I'd love to...I'll get started on it this week. Very cute use of the cupcake box Tracy!