Friday, August 13, 2010

Star Wars Lego Birthday Party

My son decided that for his 8th birthday he wanted to celebrate in Lego Star Wars Style. I did lot of blog searching and google searching and this is what we came up with- lots and lots of blue.

Thanks to the Lego website I was able to download lots of great SW figures and then hand, stick and print onto almost everything in our house. We even had "Jedi Juice Jolts" to add to the Jedi Juice (aka Crystal Light). The Jolts were courtesy of Kool- Aid Fizzes and were a lot of fun and made the juice a nice strange color.


Thanks to the wonderful food writers a friend brought me a few months ago, I was able to write on cookies and marshmallows. I was a little nervous about my "art-work" (using the term very loosly) on the marshmallows, but when the boys started naming off the characters (Commander Cody, Captain Rex etc) I felt a lot better. The gift bags were finished off with Star Wars Tags thanks to Living Locurto- check out all of her Star Wars Lego things.

The Star Wars plates are a fun little thing I started with my daughters Tea Party in February. They are just clear acrylic plates that I can change out by simply gluing different patterns onto the back of the plate. I start by cutting out a simple circle with my Cricut and then add embellishments. I am realizing as I am writing this that I never went back and posted pictures from Bella's party- stay tuned.

I hate to admit it, but I am just now starting to get into decorated sugar cookies- really it has been over taking me lately, so this party had to have some. Please don't judge too harshly, this was my first attempt at piping decorations. In the past I have always, just painted the royal icing on. The lettering is thanks to the wonderful food markers and a little stencil I made with help of the Jedi font and my cricut- it worked wonderfully and made the cookies more uniform.

Anyway, hope you liked our party- my son did and in the end that is all that matters!

1 comment:

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Tracy you SERIOUSLY outdid yourself - again!! Everything was amazing...wish we could've been there for it!